lundi 25 février 2013

Violette's socks



Violette is a new world. I never made older dolls, always babies.
No, wait, that is not true. I made older dolls, but they were customs. That’s different. Violette is my girl. And I discovered that dolls actually talk. Not babies, of course, babies snuggle, giggle and sometimes moan a bit, but Violette talks. So I’m listening. (She isn’t).


Mum, I’m cold
- Violette, don’t call me that name, please. So, you’re cold ? I’ll knit you a little something. 


   There you go.
    Do you like it ?


- Yes !!! Thank you Mama, I love it ! 
 - Violette, please, stop calling me that, I’m not your mother. I make you, then, when you’re ready (and I am too), we’ll find a family for you, with a mother. Or a father, maybe. 
-   Then what am I supposed to call you ?
      - Well …. I have no idea. I’ll ask to other dollmakers. I’ll let you know.


       - Mum, my feet are cold.
       - That’s quite normal. Severine said her mother told her so: when the weather is snowy, feet are cold. 
         See, mine are cold too :

-      
              -  Oh, yeah. But I don’t like having cold feet !!! Would you please knit me some lace socks ?
       - Lace socks ??? I’ve never knitted socks ! And barely more lace … I don’t think knitted lace socks are a good idea. What about some cute felt shoes ? Or maybe crocheted booties ?
        -  No, I want knitted lace socks. If you don’t knit me some, I’ll leave and go far far away, I’ll go live with Eva. Fabs said she will knit lace soon, I’m sure she’ll make Eva and I beautiful socks.

I told her she’d be even colder at Fabs place, there’s a lot of snow there, much more than here where it melts as soon as it touches the ground, but she wasn’t listening any more. If she ever did. So … I knitted her a pair of lace socks. The first one took me a day and a half. For one sock, do you believe that ? And there is an eyelet missing. The second sock went a little faster, and there is an eyelet too many. But she liked it anyhow:



     - Oh, thank you Mama ! Thank you so much ! They fit my feet just right, see ? I love it !!!


  
-               Mama, I think you should knit me a toy now. A very soft, fluffy and gentle one. Would you, please ?
       Oh, Violette, don’t you think there are other priorities ?



10 commentaires:

FairiesNest a dit…

Oh I love this! Your photos are awesome. My dolls talk to me too..they are so demanding and so good at the silent treatment too!

Fabs a dit…

I want lace socks too!! (says Eva...the nagging begins). She is adorable Melinda :-)

Séverine Norgeux a dit…

Quel honneur d'apparaître dans cette petite histoire; merci Mélinda! Violette est fabuleuse, et ses chaussettes... me font rêver!

ROSEMARYS a dit…

Quelle.merveille ta petite Violette!!!!! quelle merveille!!! Tu es une fée Melinda !!!

winterludes a dit…

what a cutie!!!! she needs a toy, you know, it's not tantrum, just a real need!
congrats for the socks :)

Anonyme a dit…

Hello, I love it so much! I love the face and her clothes! Such a cutie!!!Great art! Warmly, Gaby...you know me from Facebook ;)

Natalie a dit…

Really loved the story and her knitted wear is gorgeous!!

Unknown a dit…

She's adorable!!! Her socks are beautiful too, Melinda... ♥♥♥

Unknown a dit…

Those lace socks are fabulous and I love the contrast of her hair with the sweater hood!

Janet a dit…

I love her!